Sunday, May 23, 2010

Red and Gold Pointe Shoes


When I wore through my first pair of pointe shoes I tied the ribbons together and hung them off the corner of my bedroom mirror. There they hung for many years until I decided that the dirty satin was not a pleasurable addition to my decor. Over the years I have accumulated quite a collection of shoes which sit in a pile in my closet. One rainy day a few months ago I decided to paint a shoe: and that's how this shoe came to be.

It is painted with acrylic paint and covered in a shiny varnish. It hangs by a copper wire attached to the back which is covered by the painted ribbons.


This particular shoe is for sale and can be viewed on my etsy site ( http://etsy.com/shop/rachelledyer )


If you are interested in a custom design send me a message and we can work things out!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It is the old what goes around comes around routine. totshoes.com/

    ReplyDelete